Fiftysix for Schools - Australia
STEM and entrepreneurship workshops
Fiftysix Creations is Australia’s Largest STEM and Entrepreneurship Workshop Provider, having delivered workshops to more than 100,000 students. We offer business and technology workshops for both Primary and Secondary students!
We teach students about the world of creativity, entrepreneurship and computer science.
Founded by the 17-year-old, Young Australian of the Year for Queensland, Taj Pabari, Fiftysix Creations is committed to giving all young people the opportunity to create and innovate, regardless of their postcode.
Fiftysix Creations was also the Winner of the Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow 2017.
a. Introductory Workshop
C. Enterprising Workshop
B. STEM Workshop
Business and Entrepreneurship Focused
Business Model Canvassing, Public Speaking and Presenting.
Grade 4 to 12
Introduction to Business and Computer Science
Idea Generation, Electronics Deconstruction and Virtual Reality.
Prep to 12
3D Printing, Website Development, Droning, and App Development.
Prep to 6
ACARA Curriculum Outcomes
- Questioning and Predicting: Working collaboratively to identify a problem to investigate & Using information and knowledge from previous investigations to predict the expected results from an investigation.
- Evaluating: Discussing investigation methods with others to share ideas about the quality of the inquiry process & Using the evidence provided by scientific investigations to evaluate claims based on evidence.
- Digital Technologies Knowledge and Understanding: Investigate how data is transmitted and secured in wired, wireless and mobile networks, and how the specifications affect performance & Define and decompose real-world problems taking into account functional requirements and economic, environmental, social, technical and usability constraints.
- Critical and Creative Thinking: Predict possibilities, and identify and test consequences when seeking solutions and putting ideas into action & Draw parallels between known and new ideas to create new ways of achieving goals.
- Reflecting on thinking and processes: Transfer knowledge into contexts by justifying reasons for decisions when transferring information to similar and different contexts & Thinking about metacognition by assessing assumptions in their thinking and invite alternative opinions.
- Historical Skills: Posing questions of sources such as ‘Where does it come from?’ ‘How do we know?’ ‘What information does it provide?’ ‘what other sources might be needed’ & Outline the significance of past events, providing reasons for the event and referring to relevant evidence.
Grade 1 to Grade 12
Duration: Full School Day consisting of individual workshops between 60-minutes to 180-minutes each.
Group Size: 25 students per session (Up to 75 students per day)
Cost: From AU$1,900 (+GST).